TGIF part deux

my dinner plans have been scrapped and i'm totally okay with it - eric had a really long/hard day and got home late... so instead of making him come over and then dragging him to dinner, i suggested he come over tomorrow morning for breakfast before we hit the road... now some would be pissed (esp. since this was to be our valentine's dinner) but i'm honestly not - i know what it's like to feel drained from work and just feel like decompressing at home with no one around... besides, i really didn't need that pizza or glass of wine anyway... being an understanding girlfriend has always been a trait of mine that i'm proud to have, and would never force someone to do something for my own selfish needs... i love him to pieces and sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do... ;o)

so what's a girl to do when she can't go out to eat? she goes shopping! i picked-up my order from kohls.com today and amazingly, everything fit (even the adorable black satin ballet slippers)... i am now officially a size 10 and size medium and am pretty ecstatic about that... since i had such good luck (and saw another deal on slickdeals today), i went back online and found more clothes... i bought 3 pairs of pants, 2 pair of capris, an exercise tank, a sweater, and pair of gloves - all for only $54.70 (30% off plus free shipping)... i'm such a great bargain shopper, i can't stand it! :o)

revised evening plans include: having dinner (mini-quesadillas on corn tortillas with refried beans and cheese), taking a bubble bath, and finishing my dean koontz book (seize the night)... this one is SO good - it's scary, suspenseful, and downright creepy... i love it! i also got my new oprah and fitness magazines so i'll take them along this weekend... :o)

i'm really going now so have a great night... ;o)

p.s. don't forget to watch 'how to look good naked'!!!


Roni  – (10:59 PM)  

You just reminded me I have a Kohls gift card!! I think I'll be shopping this weekend! :~P

Congrats on the size 10!!

Amy  – (11:07 PM)  

Sounds like a peachy evening indeed....

Enjoy your weekend hotstuff! :)

Chris H  – (4:06 AM)  

Aren't you a lovely girlfriend! Hope you have a lovely evening reading/relaxing! That book sounds interesting, must go get it!

Greta  – (7:55 AM)  

look at you go! Amazing running! Great food night. AMAZING shopping- you ARE a great bargin shopper!!

No spoilers here- Lost was good, better than last week I think. Some very interesting flash forwards. I enjoyed.

I hope your dad is doing better, not fun times I'm sure.

Have a great weekend!

JavaChick  – (6:30 PM)  

Way to go on the shopping! Nothing like scoring some deals to lift one's spirits!

Kim  – (6:48 PM)  

I hope that you have a good visit with your Dad. Travel safely Jodi. :)

Kathy  – (8:28 AM)  

That sounds like a really cozy evening...bubble bath and a book after an amazing shopping experience! What a great girlfriend you are! I hope he appreciates you!

Vickie  – (6:33 AM)  

http://www.freewebs.com/lynnsjourney/weightlossblogssites.htm

I saw a link to your blog on a wonderful site over the weekend - you might already "know" this blogger - but I didn't see a link to her in your list - so I thought I'd pass it on to be sure you saw it.

*Bitch Cakes*  – (1:32 PM)  

Happy Valentine's day to YOU! That sounds like a fantastic way to spend it if you had to postpone plans with your sweet heart.

Congrats on everything and hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment