weigh-in

“We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”

–Aristotle

before i went to sleep last night - i told myself, "i am okay with a gain or maintain tomorrow" and i really meant it... i knew i had over-indulged this past weekend and yet felt not one ounce of guilt for doing so because life is meant to be enjoyed... this is what makes WW such a great plan - you can have that light beer (not 5), or a piece of pizza (not ½ a pie), or chips & dip (not the whole bag) - as long as you count the points... so when i stepped on the scale, it rewarded me with a 1 pound loss - what can i say besides WHOO HOOO CARROTS... keeping track and being accountable has really hit home to me this time - i have been faced w/a lot of difficult situations but have learned to make better choices about food and that is key... and so is exercising - i can't stress that enough ladies so if you really want to see progress, you need to start moving! :o)

i thought practice was going to be canceled last night because of the rain but they had said in the beginning, "we run in rain but not thunder/lightning"... so i thought, either i go and they cancel OR i don't go and find out they still had practice (which would've made me mad)... so i went and we ran for 30 minutes and i really feel confident for saturday - the weather's looking good, it will be something i've been working hard for, and know i'll feel awesome once i cross that finish line... :o)

this morning, i read about yet another summer beer but this time by miller... it sounds pretty interesting - let me know if you've seen in or have tried it...

tonight i'm going out to dinner w/some girlfriends, we are going for mexican (my downfall!)... thank god its the begining of a new week even though i need all my flex points for saturday (brunch after the race)...
wish me luck!

happy hump day!


Anonymous –   – (12:39 PM)  

That's like WooHoo Carrots time ten!

TOWR  – (1:23 PM)  

That's awesome! Congrats on the loss!!! I want to KISS the scale when it shows me a loss I don't deserve. :) Conversely, I want to throw it out the window when it doesn't show me a loss I do deserve. ;)

Kim L  – (3:17 PM)  

Congrats on the loss. That's so awesome!

I'm so excited to hear about Saturday!

Chris H  – (3:34 PM)  

Wooo hooo on the loss, I bet you did deserve it too. And you are spot on about needing to add exercise with your diet... they go hand in hand..

Greta  – (6:58 PM)  

congrats on the loss! woo hoo is right!!
mmm, Mexican sounds so yummy right now. I was craving avacado like you would not believe today. So i went and bought one. And ate the WHOLE thing. 9.5 points of snack, lol. But it was worth it. Like you said, thank god for a new week and a new set of flex points.

Kim  – (10:28 PM)  

Congrats on the loss!! This is wonderful news!!!

TrixieBelden  – (10:49 PM)  

I love the Aristole quote. Very true. Congrats on the loss! Can't wait to hear how the race goes.

marie  – (10:14 AM)  

yay for the loss! running in the rain is awesome - you're going to do so well this weekend!

Lori G.  – (10:15 AM)  

That's really great! Good luck with the race!

Amanda  – (10:13 AM)  

Congrats on your loss! Hope your race went well!

Amanda

TrixieBelden  – (9:48 PM)  

I had to tell you that I liked the Aristole quote so much I printed it out and put it on my fridge! Thanks!

Post a Comment